And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.
I made a note about this verse because being offended seems to be such a big deal these days. Everyone is offended by something.
First I thought I should make sure I understand what offend means, so I looked it up on Merriam-Webster.
Offend as an intransitive verb means:
- To transgress the moral or divine law
- To violate law or rule; do wrong
- To cause difficulty, discomfort or injury
- To cause dislike, anger or vexation
Offend as a transitive verb means:
- Violate, transgress
- To cause pain
- To cause a person or group to feel hurt, angry or upset by something said or done.
Let me preface the rest of what I am going to write with this. You choose to be offended. What anyone does or says is not offensive. You decide if it is offense and then you act on that. It is your decision and you are responsible for your actions. Continue reading